Thursday 17 August 2017

#CoverCrush I Am Behind You by John Ajvide Lindqvist

For new visitors do I want to explain that Cover Crush is something that my friend Erin over at Flashlight Commentary came up with and I adopted the idea together with some other friends. And, now we try to put up a Cover Crush every week. You can check below my pick of the week for their choices this week!


A supernatural superthriller from the author of Let the Right One In

Molly wakes her mother to go to the toilet. The campsite is strangely blank. The toilet block has gone. Everything else has gone too. This is a place with no sun. No god.

Just four families remain. Each has done something to bring them here - each denies they deserve it. Until they see what's coming over the horizon, moving irrevocably towards them. Their worst mistake. Their darkest fear.

And for just one of them, their homecoming.

This gripping conceptual horror takes you deep into one of the most macabre and unique imaginations writing in the genre. On family, on children, Lindqvist writes in a way that tears the heart and twists the soul. I Am Behind You turns the world upside down and, disturbing, terrifying and shattering by turns, it will suck you in.

Some thoughts about the cover:

I like the Swedish cover for this book, but I have to admit that the English cover in all its simplicity is more to my liking. I mean look at the little trailer upside down. It's fabulous! I have this book in Swedish, and seeing this cover makes me eager to read the book.

Here is the Swedish cover btw:


Check out what my friends have picked for Cover Crush's this week:

Stephanie @ Layered Pages





Erin @ Flashlight Commentary

indieBRAG

No comments:

Post a Comment