Monday 14 August 2017

#BookReview Bone White by Ronald Malfi (@RonaldMalfi) @KensingtonBooks

Bone White by Ronald Malfi
My rating: 4 of 5 stars

A landscape of frozen darkness punctuated by grim, gray days.
The feeling like a buzz in your teeth.
The scrape of bone on bone. . . 


Paul Gallo saw the report on the news: a mass murderer leading police to his victims graves, in remote Dread's Hand, Alaska.
It s not even a town; more like the bad memory of a town. The same bit of wilderness where his twin brother went missing a year ago. As the bodies are exhumed, Paul travels to Alaska to get closure and put his grief to rest. 

But the mystery is only beginning. What Paul finds are superstitious locals who talk of the devil stealing souls, and a line of wooden crosses to keep what s in the woods from coming out. He finds no closure because no one can explain exactly what happened to Danny. 

And the more he searches for answers, the more he finds himself becoming part of the mystery. . .

**********

I decided to read this book after seeing a heap of friends praising it and I'm glad I did because now I have to add Ronald Malfi to my list of horror authors to be on the look out for.

Now, I'm not easily scared, and to be honest did not this book scare me, but I was enthralled with it. I mean what's not to like? A lot of whole missing people, a small town with a bad reputation and a serial killer that one day decided to share with the police what he has done. It's a book that not only has an intriguing story, it truly well-written and this combination made it well worth the time it took to read it. I quite enjoyed reading this book and the best part I think was everything was still so mysterious, not that I did not like the ending of the book, but I loved the whole "what the hell is going on here?" feeling that I had for better part of the book. What's wrong with this town, and why would anyone go there? And, what happened to Paul's brother Danny? And, is there really something out there among the trees...?

Bone White is a really good book, and I'm glad I have The Night Parade to read, It's always fabulous to discover a new author and knowing you have one more unread book to read!

I want to thank the publisher for providing me with a free copy through NetGalley for an honest review!

No comments:

Post a Comment