Sunday 26 June 2016

The Hatching by Ezekiel Boone

The Hatching by Ezekiel Boone
My rating: 5 of 5 stars

Deep in the jungle of Peru, where so much remains unknown, a black, skittering mass devours an American tourist whole. Thousands of miles away, an FBI agent investigates a fatal plane crash in Minneapolis and makes a gruesome discovery. Unusual seismic patterns register in a Kanpur, India earthquake lab, confounding the scientists there. During the same week, the Chinese government “accidentally” drops a nuclear bomb in an isolated region of its own country. As these incidents begin to sweep the globe, a mysterious package from South America arrives at a Washington, D.C. laboratory. Something wants out.

The world is on the brink of an apocalyptic disaster. An ancient species, long dormant, is now very much awake.



**********

I want to think of myself of hardened when it comes to horror. There is just not much that can make me really uncomfortable. Sure books can be intense, but it seldom I really feel pure horror or discomfort. THE HATCHING made me really, really uncomfortable. Sure I wasn't really frightened, although to be honest, there are some really nasty parts in this book. Let me put it this way; do you suffer from arachnophobia? Then, don't read this book. I don't like spiders, I don't have a phobia. But, this book had some scenes that are really nasty that even I found hard to read...

READ THE REST OF THE REVIEW OVER AT FRESH FICTION!

No comments:

Post a Comment