Friday 10 June 2016

The Face Of Deception by Iris Johansen

The Face Of Deception by Iris Johansen
My rating: 4 of 5 stars

An unidentified skull...

A trail of terrifying secrets...

And a woman whose talented hands could reveal the shocking truth...

As a forensic sculptor, Eve Duncan helps identify the dead from their skulls. Her own daughter murdered and her body never found, the job is Eve's way of coming to terms with her personal nightmare. But more terror lies ahead when she accepts work from billionaire John Logan. Beneath her gifted hands a face emerges from the skull he has given her to reconstruct—a face no one was ever meant to see. Now Eve is trapped in a frightening web of murder and deceit. Powerful enemies are determined to cover up the truth, and they will make certain that truth goes to the grave...even if Eve gets buried with it.


**********

The first Eva Duncan book I read was book 19, so I have a lot of earlier books to go through. But, I don't mind that because I have come to love this series very much.   

I liked this book very much, it was intense and interesting and I liked getting to know Eve Duncan and Joe Quinn from the beginning. The story is very interesting and I was quickly pulled into it and wanted to know more. Whose skull is it and why are people so desperate to getting it back? There came a point in the book when I thought "no way, this is too farfetched, but then Johansen twisted the story once more and then the story seemed to make more sense (In that bookish way you know. Hard to think of something similar happen in real life). Anyway, it's a great book and I quite liked John Logan, and I liked that Eve and Logan spent most of the book arguing although grudgingly Eve started to soften more and more towards him and let's say Quinn was not all too happy with that, despite the fact that he is married. 

The face of Deception is engrossing, a bit sad, thrilling and, definitely surprising. I recommend it warmly! 

No comments:

Post a Comment