Saturday 7 May 2016

Little Bones by Sam Blake

Little Bones by Sam Blake
My rating: 4 of 5 stars

Detective Garda Cathy Connolly is investigating a break-in, but the discovery of bones concealed in the hem of a wedding dress changes everything. The owner of the wedding dress Zoë Grant has been gifted the wedding dress by her grandmother who has said that the dress belongs to Zoë's mother who left Zoë when she was little. But, they never manage to question Lavinia Grant about the dress as she is found dead in her home in Dublin. Now Cathy Connolly has to find out the truth about the bones, could it be Zoë that hid them or someone else in her family?

Little Bones is a fascinating story about old sins and family secrets. I found the book engrossing from the start, thanks to both the interesting story and its characters. I instantly liked Cathy Connolly and her partner Dawson O´Rourke. They work well together, have great chemistry, which is a bit troublesome because Cathy has some personal problem in her life. And, I loved them together, despite Cathy's predicament. 

Despite the slow progress of the case was I never bored with the story, I was fascinated with the finding of the bones. It was like a jigsaw with some bits of information being revealed now and then. Especially since it seems that a hunted murderer from the States and an old confused woman seems to have connections to the case and the Grant family. 

I was hoping towards the end of the book that it would be the first book in a series, and I got my wish granted. At least I hope so since it ended with a hell of a cliffhanger. The one that makes you mentally sign and wonder when the next book is due. 

It was a great book, with some unexpected twist and with an ending that first was promising and then turned devastating. I recommend this book warmly! 

Thanks to Bonnier Publishing for providing me with a free copy for an honest review!

No comments:

Post a Comment