Wednesday 4 May 2016

Aliens / Vampirella by Corinna Sara Bechko

Aliens / Vampirella by Corinna Sara Bechko
My rating: 4 of 5 stars

Blurb from NetGalley: Two iconic horror franchises collide, as Vampirella - the fan-favorite supernatural heroine - faces the most nightmarish creatures ever to appear in cinema: the Xenomorphs from Alien! As the first human colony on Mars digs deeper into the crimson soil, they discover the catacombs of a hibernating civilization, tens of thousands of years old. The evidence suggests that they are Nosferatu, an ancient and sinister species that Vampirella is all too familiar with. Called to the Red Planet to investigate, the monster hunter and her human allies find a chamber with hundreds of ellipsoidal, leathery eggs... and after they hatch, the true horror begins. In space, no one can hear Vampirella scream!

I have never really cared that much for Vampirella, most seen her as the skimpy dressed vampire and never really bothered with anything to do with her. But, I'm a huge Aliens fan. So, I just knew I just had to read this graphic novel on NetGalley. And, despite me being pretty much sick and tired of the whole vampire culture (please God not another movie or book with vampires in them is usually my reaction nowadays) so was Aliens / Vampirella quite entertaining.

I loved the whole idea of an Aliens / Vampirella crossover. Vampirella realizes quite early on that the Nosferatu is not the big problem on Mars, there is something else dangerous down below, the problem is that when shit hit the fan is it Vampirella that gets the blame for all the dead people. So, now she has to face of Aliens and the humans that are in charge who thinks she is the one that killed the crew. She is the vampire of course, easy to blame.

The art is good, suits the story and I like that Vampirella isn't running around is some skimpy bathing suits kind of costume. Well, she is one the cover and for instance on this pic that I have added, but I guess the artists gets a bit creative when they do cover images and other artistic stuff. And, red skimpy bathing suits kind of costume is her "thing"!



But, in the story, she dresses more normal!



Thanks to Diamond Book Distributors for providing me with a free copy for an honest review! 

No comments:

Post a Comment