Wednesday 22 April 2015

Ivory Ghosts by Caitlin O'Connell

Ivory Ghosts: A Catherine Sohon Elephant Mystery by Caitlin O'Connell
My rating: 3 of 5 stars

American wildlife biologist Catherine Sohon official work in a remote outpost in northeast Namibia as a census pilot tracking the local elephant population. But her real work is collecting evidence against ruthless ivory traffickers.

**********

Africa is becoming more and more a favorite continent for me when it comes to books. There is just something with the setting, the beautiful nature, the wildlife and of course back in my mind the movie Out of Africa. I admit I just can't stop thinking about the movie whenever I read a book set in Africa.

The story is good and Catherine is interesting characters, she lost her boyfriend almost a year before the story in this book and she is still hurting and traumatized about her memories of his death. There is no instalove in this book, sure there was towards the end warmer feelings between her and Jon Baggs, but they really didn't hit off in the beginning and I liked that. I like my main characters to quarrel instead of making googly eyes at each all the time.

I must admit that even though I liked the story I didn't find it riveting and I guess correctly who the main bad baddie was, there was just not many to choose from and it seemed so logical that it was that person that when it was revealed I was just: "I was right, damn it!" I don't know how it is with you guys and girls, but I enjoy being surprised by book endings.

But I liked the book and I would definitely read more from Caitlin O'Connell!

I received a copy from the publisher and TLC Book Tours in return for an honest review!

No comments:

Post a Comment