Thursday 9 April 2015

Cost of Life: A Thriller by Joshua Corin

Cost of Life: A Thriller by Joshua Corin
My rating: 3 of 5 stars

This book is perfect for anyone that looks for a fast-paced action book with a great main character. Xana Marx, a disgraced FBI agent, just out of rehab will do anything to track down the plane. She has a temper problem and she recently got out of rehab after she drove under influence into a house and now she risks losing her job. Her boss Jim Christie decided that she needs someone that keeps an eye on her, the young intern Hayley. Hayley has always wanted to be an FBI agent, but because she is dying of bone cancer that will never happen. Xana and Hayley "working" together is actually one of the best things about the book. A cranky elder women and this young woman that knows that she will never live to be old, but doesn't let that stop her working together.

Besides all the action on the ground, we also get to follow the people on the plane. I was surprised when the real reason for the hijacking of the plan was revealed. I had not been expecting that.

In the end, it's a struggle against time. Will they be able to save the hostage? How many will die in the end?

Personally, I found the book OK, it didn't click all the way out for me. But what really made the book for me was Xana Marx and I wouldn't mind reading more books about her and hopefully Hayley. But I couldn't help thinking about the crash in the French Alps not so long ago and that perhaps destroyed the reading mood about. It's been a bit too many planes crashed lately and reading about a hijacking, well that just didn't feel that good. But besides that fact, I quite liked that book and I'm looking forward to reading more books by Joshua Corin.

3.5 stars

I received a copy from the publisher and TLC Book Tours in return for an honest review!

No comments:

Post a Comment