Monday 23 March 2015

The Stonehenge Letters by Harry Karlinsky

The Stonehenge Letters by Harry Karlinsky
My rating: 3 of 5 stars

What if Alfred Novel beside the usual prizes also had a "secret" prize for whoever could explain the origin of Stonehenge?

A psychiatrist stumbles over some letters from Nobel laureates with explanations for Stonehenge when he is researching why Freud never got a Nobel Prize.


Harry Karlinsky has really written a book that feels like it could be real. It really feels like reading a thesis and I had to double-check to see that this was fiction. Just to be sure. LOL I mean it sounded ludicrous, but hell, who knew.

The problem I had with this book was the thesis feeling. It made it very dry to read. The part of the book I liked best was actually the biographical part, getting to know the basic fact about Alfred Nobel, Marie Curie, Teddy Roosevelt and Rudyard Kipling. The whole Stonehenge part, the letters from the Nobel laureates was the dry part that and that was, unfortunately, since that is kind of the point of the book.

But it was interesting to read and I would very much read more about Alfred Nobel.

Thank you Edelweiss for providing me with a free copy for an honest review!

No comments:

Post a Comment