Monday, 22 December 2014

Things Half in Shadow by Alan Finn

Things Half in Shadow by Alan Finn
My rating: 5 of 5 stars

Edward Clark has a secret; he was once Columbus Holmes, son of The Amazing Magellan Holmes a famous magician. But then his father committed a crime when Columbus was ten, so horrible that Columbus swore he never see him again. He became Edward Clark, crime reporter, and he tried his very best to leave his past behind him. But everything is about to change when he is asked to investigate mediums and cross path with the lovely but strong-willed Mrs. Lucy Collins. 

This book was fabulous, from the beginning to the end. Magicians, mediums, secret societies, murders, ghosts, a hero and heroine that start out hating each other and all mixed into a riveting story. I loved every chapter of the book. The only drawback to the book? I want more, I want more Edward Clark alias Columbus Holmes, I want more Lucy Collins, and I want more stories! I didn’t want this book to end. I loved the atmosphere in the book (How I love stories set in the 1900-century), I loved that P.T Barnum made a cameo appearance. 

I recommend this book strongly to anyone who wants to read a great book! 

Thank you Netgalley for providing me with a free copy for an honest review!

No comments:

Post a Comment