Wednesday 24 December 2014

The Montauk Monster by Hunter Shea

The Montauk Monster by Hunter Shea
My rating: 3 of 5 stars
 Let’s see:
Gore
Monsters
Mayhem
Stoners
Soldiers
Innocent civilians
A hero and a heroine


Yes, these are the ingredients for a spectacular monster book. It would actually make a great monster movie. 

Montauk is ordinary town, a tourist magnet, but outside of the city lays an island called Plum Island. And on the Island lies Animal Disease Center. Now creatures have escaped from the island and has set their sight on the city and its population. And they are bred for one thing: to kill!

The Montauk Monster is not something I usually read, it more like something I would watch on the telly. This is definitely nothing for people that are faint of heart. It's nonstop action, people get slaughter right to left. A drawback for me was that the kindle version that I read had some problem with the structure of the text. And I don’t know if the paper book is better. But in the middle of the chapter, without warning, the focus could go from one scene to another and it was frustrating to be reading about something and then suddenly it doesn’t make sense anymore and then I realize that the story has shifted its focus to other characters. Annoying has hell!

Besides that, the book was quite good to read, it got a bit long-winded towards the end. Not boring, I just felt that it dragged on a bit and my interest in reading about people getting maimed dwindled.

Thank you Netgalley for providing me with a free copy for an honest review!

No comments:

Post a Comment