Sunday 21 December 2014

Sunblind by Michael McBride

Sunblind by Michael McBride
My rating: 4 of 5 stars

When U.S. Border Patrol Agent Christian Rivera discovers the body of an undocumented alien in the middle of the vast Sonoran Desert with three enigmatic words carved into her flesh, presumably by her own hand, it triggers a frantic search for the remainder of her party, a group of twenty-five men and women who have inexplicably vanished into the desert.

Aided by two of the agency's best trackers, Rivera follows the woman's trail into the brutal heart of one of the hottest and most unforgiving landscapes on the planet, where nothing can survive for long. As more bodies turn up, Rivera and the others begin to realize they may be up against an enemy far deadlier than the desert, an unseen adversary that will stop at nothing to take from them what it needs to survive. A mythical evil that may not be myth at all, but horrifically real, could very well be stalking them, and their only hope of surviving the same fate that befell the missing party lies in deciphering the clues to their disappearance before it's too late. If it isn't already…

**********

This is not a book for fainthearted; the story is brutal and intense. This is the first book I have read by Michael McBride, won't be my last, but it will take some time before I will let Mr. McBrides writing cross my path again. After this will I need something a bit less gruesome to read. Seriously, I almost want to curse my imagination towards the end of the book.  The story is very intriguing and harrowing to read and definitely worth checking up if you love to read horror!



I want to thank the publisher for providing me with a free copy through NetGalley for an honest review!

No comments:

Post a Comment