Tuesday 30 December 2014

Macaque Attack! by Gareth L. Powell

Macaque Attack! by Gareth L. Powell
My rating: 4 of 5 stars

The Spitfire pilot monkey Ack-Ack Macaque faces a world on the brink in this adventure, the conclusion to his astonishing trilogy.
In the thrilling conclusion of the Macaque Trilogy, the dangerous but charismatic Ack-Ack Macaque finds himself leading a dimension-hopping army of angry monkeys, facing an invading horde of implacable killer androids, and confronting the one challenge for which he was never prepared: impending fatherhood! Meanwhile, former journalist Victoria Valois fights to save the electronic ghost of her dead husband and reclaim his stolen soul from the sands of Mars.


**********

This is the third and last book in the Ack-Ack Macaque series and even though I looked forward reading this book did I have some trepidations about reading the last book in a series without reading the first two. But it went well, surprisingly well actually. I mean sure there was stuff from the first two books like the mentioning of the hive mind Gestalt, but it was very good explained in this book so I never really felt left out of the story. I actually got more interested in reading the first two books.

It was an action-filled book, a fast read with great characters and I recommend this to everyone that likes monkeys...lol and people that like action and adventure and a really well-written story!

Thank to NetGalley for providing me with a free copy for an honest review!

No comments:

Post a Comment