Saturday, 1 November 2014

Miss Phryne Fisher Investigates by Kerry Greenwood

Miss Phryne Fisher Investigates by Kerry Greenwood
My rating: 4 of 5 stars

Honorable Miss Phryne Fisher travelers back to Melbourne, Australia after years abroad. But she isn't there on a social visit. A couple has asked her to investigate why their daughter gets terrible ill now and then. Is her husband trying to poison her?

**********

It always a bit tricky reading a book after watching a tv series based on it, and vice versa. But I, despite all the difference between the book and the tv-series still enjoyed the book immensely. But I must admit that I miss the sexual tension between Phryne Fisher and Jack Robinson that exist in the tv-series and alas is absent in the book. But despite that, the story was great and I love to read about Australia in the 1920s.

Phryne Fisher is such a wonderful character, adventurous and glamorous. Now I'm looking forward to reading the next book in the series!

No comments:

Post a Comment